We are finally here!!! After 3 hours delay in Amsterdam, which we spend in a very nice dutch bar (btw: Amsterdam airport is not an airport to get stuck in) Also, we were lucky to change our seats to exit seats, which was extremely so Lars could strecht his legs. The seats were not at all comfortable... the food was surprisingly good and the service very nice as well. We had amongst others, two lovely chinese flight attendants: One was called Ying and the other was called Yang ( ...and no, I am not making this up!) They were really interested when they heard that we are going to Shanghai to adopt a baby, even more surprised when they heard that we are adopting a baby boy!
After one hour and a half we arrived in the Salvo Hotel, which exceeds our expectations. We have one bedroom with a huge double, comfortable bed, a TV and an amazing view over the river and the Bund area. We also have a kind of a living room, with a couch and another TV, a desk with a computer and a few build in wardrobes. The bathroom has a jacuzzi bathtop and a powershower...rrrrrhh!
After one hour and a half we arrived in the Salvo Hotel, which exceeds our expectations. We have one bedroom with a huge double, comfortable bed, a TV and an amazing view over the river and the Bund area. We also have a kind of a living room, with a couch and another TV, a desk with a computer and a few build in wardrobes. The bathroom has a jacuzzi bathtop and a powershower...rrrrrhh!
We also had our first corridor meeting with all the other parents to be from our danish adoption group. All are very nice and we are all very excited. Most of them have arrived a few days before ( some also went to Bejing beforehand). Laila and Lars have found a nice shopping mall where they bought lots of baby stuff today. We got the address and we are off shopping tomorrow.... Yehaaa!
We went out for a chinese dinner tonight somewhere close to the hotel. We were 8 pers. and we ordered way to much food, a huge bottel of beer each (600ml) ...it was delicious. I intentionaly sat with my back to the kitchen...just didn"t want to see the kitchen... Like I said, plenty of food and plenty of Tsing Tao beer....and the price was less than 10 Euro per couple!!! UNBELIEVABLE....and soo good.
We have a bit of a problem at the moment with the computer setting. I can write on my blog but I am not sure if it is published. Could someone please send me an email to either my gmail, web address and/or Lars at CERN.
We are trying to go to sleep early today and hoping that we will adjust to the time as fast as possible, because we only have one more night until we will see Alexander. I am ever so excited and a bit scared as well.
We wish you could be here with us....
Zai jing.
We went out for a chinese dinner tonight somewhere close to the hotel. We were 8 pers. and we ordered way to much food, a huge bottel of beer each (600ml) ...it was delicious. I intentionaly sat with my back to the kitchen...just didn"t want to see the kitchen... Like I said, plenty of food and plenty of Tsing Tao beer....and the price was less than 10 Euro per couple!!! UNBELIEVABLE....and soo good.
We have a bit of a problem at the moment with the computer setting. I can write on my blog but I am not sure if it is published. Could someone please send me an email to either my gmail, web address and/or Lars at CERN.
We are trying to go to sleep early today and hoping that we will adjust to the time as fast as possible, because we only have one more night until we will see Alexander. I am ever so excited and a bit scared as well.
We wish you could be here with us....
Zai jing.
No comments:
Post a Comment