I must have blinked again because here it is that my baby is now five and a half years old. To say I can't believe it is irrelevant as it won't change the fact. It's almost a state of disbelief, as if I ignore it it won't be true. But then I look at Alexander and realize that Father Time has visited once again.
Wasn't it just yesterday we (Lars mostly) carried him everywhere he needed to go? Fed him with a bottle? Drove him around in his buggy?
When did he go from learning to say one word at a time to speaking in whole sentences, making up stories and sometimes talk around the truth? Alexander is definetely not a baby anymore, but for the constant sucking on his ever so favorite 'blanky' as he falls to sleep each night.
Alexander's perspective on life is refreshing, intelligent, curious and very often so funny. He is no fool for trickery or bribery and he can negotiate with a union leader if you're talking more Tellie time and/or Candy!
He doesn't lie, he "tells a story." Rarely does a day go by that my husband and I don't admit that the days are numbered until he completely will beat us down. :o)
I quite often find myself watching him sleep and hoping that somewhere on the other side of the world someone knows that he is safe, healthy and very, very loved.
I love you around the world and back!
No comments:
Post a Comment