Monday, 3 November 2008

We are back...

Wow, it's been a busy year so far. I know it has been an awful long time since my last post, and now we are already approaching our first anniversary of our FAMILY FOREVER day. I just have had no time to blog! So here's a quick update in bullet style.

- Alexander has finally started talking: His current favorite words are: NO and Ogola (Chocolate!)
- he is currently 87 cm tall and his weight is 11,4 kgs. He is wearing 86 bottoms and 92 on top and size 23 shoes
- he has got 17 teeth so far (The last one just sneaked in on us...no crying etc. Let's keep that up for the rest)
- he loves to eat. He prefers to eat everything with choclate (Ogola) but also loves all kind of different food. He is very easy to please and not fussy at all. He started eating with chopsticks, first try was curly wurlies and he surprised me and my mum with it. No one has taught him that...must be in his genes. - he is very social, and loves to meet other people
- he loves going shopping with mummy and flirting with everyone
- he started kindergarden and LOVES it, sometimes he refuses to go home, the use of his favourite word NO comes on handy here.
- he is noticing the sky - pointing out airplanes and he loves looking for the moon
- he is trying to count to three but calls all numbers two: Two, two, two!
- he started to speak french. First word was 'Pommes', he refuses to use the english word and corrects us everytime we say apple: No, pommes!!
- he loves to sing - and listen to his kiddies cds, impossible for mummy to listen to the radio in the car, as soon he hears some grown up music he keeps saying NO, NO, NO ...until his cd is on
- he knows most of the body parts
- he can put on his shoes (mostly on the correct foot) and can take his clothes off.

Some days I feel like Alexander is still "new" and at the same time I feel like I have known him forever.

He has changed our life in so many ways. It has been a time of wonder and milestones. He has changed so much - from a 22 month old baby to a 32 month old little toddler with a big personality who runs and jumps and talks and sings. I can't imagine what the next year will bring. He is constantly amazing me with the things he learns. I can't help but to be a bit sad that my baby is growing up so fast! On the one hand I'd love to keep him at this age forever but on the other I just love to watch his accomplishments - the way he takes on the world with his wonderful bright smile!

No comments: